The Globetrotting Meghan

The Globetrotting Meghan

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Finally...

Yes, I am finally updating my blog. But really folks, my life is so much less interesting then yours. Plus I don't have cute kids to put pictures of up. That and I really don't do much interesting around here. I go to school, and then come home and crash because I am so tired. But several interesting things are going to be happening soon.

I think I finally found a solution to my advisor problem. I am going to ask Andrei Caldararu, an algebraic geometer in the department, to be my advisor. But I am going to ask for something a little unique. I actually am interested in a field between algebraic geometry and algebraic number theory, so I have decided to try and see if both Andrei and Jordan (the one I wanted to be my advisor originally) will do a dual advisorship. This way I can have access to both fields, and not put too much of a strain on either of their excessively busy schedules. I really hope this works.

Also, I found a way for the department to buy me a plane ticket for a conference in November. A conference in Salt Lake City. So I will be there for about five days and get to see both Grandpa and my friend Michelle. I am very much looking forward to this. One should never turn down a free plane ticket, after all.

So that will be my life for the next few weeks. Nothing too terribly exciting. (At least nothing that can come even close to the excitement of a temple coming in Rome. I literally shouted in the middle of Conference when President Monson announced it this weekend. How serious are you all on the thought of going for a visit?) But I figured if I didn't update my blog soon Mom at least was going to get very angry at me. (Actually, I'm pretty sure she already is about this...)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, an update on the blog, I check it every morning faithfully, and almost had heart failure this morning.
Love
Mom

Nicole said...

Yeah, I was just about to exit out (my natural step after loading your blog) when I saw it was updated :)

I hope the adviser thing works out- do you know if anyone has ever done a dual thing before?

Jennifer said...

How fun that you get to go to Utah for a trip. And I am totally serious about going to Italy:-) How serious are you?

Nicole said...

Good luck on your meeting today!